The 2006 Cliopatria Awards: Nominations
Look for the winners in January!
The Cliopatria Awards recognize the best history writing in the blogosphere. There will be awards in six categories:
Cliopatria, as host of the awards, is ineligible for the"Best Group Blog" category. Individual judges are ineligible for nomination in their respective categories, but may be nominated for other awards. Judges may also make nominations in other categories.
Bloggers, blogs and posts may be nominated in multiple categories. Individuals may nominate any number of specific blogs, bloggers or posts, even in a single category, as long as the nominations include all the necessary information (names, titles, URLs, etc).
Nominations will be open through November; judges will make the final determinations in December. The winners will be announced at the American Historical Association Annual Meeting in early January 2007; winners will be listed on HNN and earn the right to display the Cliopatria Awards Logo on their blog.
Last year's winners can be seen here.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 12/1/2006
Thanks for all the suggestions! Look for the winners at Cliopatria in January!
- Veterans fast vanishing from halls of Congress
- Found yew! The 'oldest tree in Europe' discovered in a Welsh cemetery
- Washington and Lee president apologizes for university's connection to slavery but defends Gen. Robert E. Lee
- ISIS Is About to Destroy Biblical History in Iraq
- Amateur sleuths discover Seminole Indian War fort in Florida Everglades
- Notre Dame professor says 1960s led to dressing down of Americans
- Veteran Journalists Discuss the Passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Historians Against the War draws attention to case of professor investigated for meeting with controversial Palestinian leaders
- American professor denied entry, blacklisted for supporting jailed Uighur professor
- Michael Kazin vs. John Milton Cooper: How Wrong Was Wilson about the Necessity of War?