Last night MSNBC broadcast one of the most powerful political editorials that I have ever seen. In it Keith Olbermann made a connection between the pre-Civil War attack on Senator Charles Sumner and the recent demands from Bush supporters that John Kerry apologize for an alleged statement disparaging U.S. troops.
Olbermann correctly points out that when you consider Kerry’s remarks in context it is very clear that the barb is aimed at the President and not the soldiers. Also, he goes well beyond this one incident in criticizing the mendacity of the current administration. I believe that George W. Bush is far and away the worst president of my lifetime. In his piece Keith Olbermann offers strong and comprehensive support for that opinion.comments powered by Disqus
- Were China's Terracotta Warriors inspired by ancient Greek art?
- Shipwreck hunter reports finding ship lost in 1861 in Lake Huron
- Revealed: how prehistoric 'des res' gave Stone Age Brits a perfect diet
- Chernobyl’s Hot Mess, “the Elephant’s Foot,” Is Still Lethal
- The Soviets had a better record of training women in the STEM fields than America today