Joseph Barbera, RIP
So when I found out about the passing of Joseph Barbera, I paused for a moment to recall all the joy his wonderful animation brought me.
And this passing comes after the recent passing of Chris Hayward, a writer responsible for many of the characters featured on"Rocky and Bullwinkle," among other timeless TV shows (hat tip to David Beito).
Cross-posted to Notablog.
comments powered by Disqus
Gary McGath - 12/20/2006
Hayward also worked on Crusader Rabbit, the first cartoon TV series with original cartoons, which I just barely remember from my childhood. Like Rocky, it was a Jay Ward show, and the dynamic was similar; a small mammalian hero and a large, slow-witted mammalian sidekick (Rags the Tiger -- a pun which I recognized only years later).
Jesse Walker - 12/19/2006
An early Hanna-Barbera effort:
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians