Joseph Barbera, RIP
So when I found out about the passing of Joseph Barbera, I paused for a moment to recall all the joy his wonderful animation brought me.
And this passing comes after the recent passing of Chris Hayward, a writer responsible for many of the characters featured on"Rocky and Bullwinkle," among other timeless TV shows (hat tip to David Beito).
Cross-posted to Notablog.
Gary McGath - 12/20/2006
Hayward also worked on Crusader Rabbit, the first cartoon TV series with original cartoons, which I just barely remember from my childhood. Like Rocky, it was a Jay Ward show, and the dynamic was similar; a small mammalian hero and a large, slow-witted mammalian sidekick (Rags the Tiger -- a pun which I recognized only years later).
Jesse Walker - 12/19/2006
An early Hanna-Barbera effort:
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."