Joseph Barbera, RIP
So when I found out about the passing of Joseph Barbera, I paused for a moment to recall all the joy his wonderful animation brought me.
And this passing comes after the recent passing of Chris Hayward, a writer responsible for many of the characters featured on"Rocky and Bullwinkle," among other timeless TV shows (hat tip to David Beito).
Cross-posted to Notablog.
Gary McGath - 12/20/2006
Hayward also worked on Crusader Rabbit, the first cartoon TV series with original cartoons, which I just barely remember from my childhood. Like Rocky, it was a Jay Ward show, and the dynamic was similar; a small mammalian hero and a large, slow-witted mammalian sidekick (Rags the Tiger -- a pun which I recognized only years later).
Jesse Walker - 12/19/2006
An early Hanna-Barbera effort:
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets