A Little Knowledge in the Hands of a Journalist
If I got a quarter for every column I've read this year that shows an utter lack of appreciation for basic economics I'd retire rich. Most blindly support Bush's tax cuts (without commenting on his atrocious increases in spending and regulation) or argue that we must have more government intervention and protection of"American" jobs.
A new low is this column by Mort Zuckerman who gets the problem wrong (again blaming Bush's tax cuts) but advocates virtually nothing as a solution. If someone out there could teach journalists even the most basic concepts in economics it would do the world a tremendous service and prevent me from screaming at just about every columnist I read who tries to write about markets.
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past