Yellow Ribbons and Miniature American Flags for Everyone!
No, sorry, not Osama bin Laden or Ayman al-Zawahiri – the men responsible for the mass murder of September 11th, 2001. They are still chillin' in the Hindu Kush, occasionally sending out podcasts predicting American military operations in Africa and such, but otherwise laying low.
But we got Saddam! Former loyal tool of the CIA dating back to 1959 and mass murderer in his own right.
And it only took America killing as many Iraqis as he did to"bring him to justice."
comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 12/30/2006
Well, on the one hand, I'll hate seeing this spun into any kind of affirmation of the way in which the war was handled, which you're right to note. But on the other hand, don't expect any tears from me on behalf of this maniac. Sic semper tyrannis.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding