BOOBGATE AND PRO-WAR LIBERTARIAN ELECTION QUANDARIES
Anthony Gregory has an interesting piece on Boobgate which agrees with Arthur Silber's proposed alternative of privatizing the airwaves. The meddling of Chairman Michael Powell (allegedly one of Dubya's"free market" appointments) shows once again how much this administration is failing even when measured by the familiar"lesser of two evils" test on domestic policy.
This continuing and across-the-board march to statism by the GOP only increases the quandary for sincere pro-war libertarians. They continue to regard Dubya as a kind of compartmentalized Jekyll and Hyde character: farseeing and honest on foreign policy but vote-grubbing and unprincipled on domestic policy. In the end, I predict that, despite some second-guessing, they will stay the course. As Rove said, where else can they go?comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch