BOOBGATE AND PRO-WAR LIBERTARIAN ELECTION QUANDARIES
Anthony Gregory has an interesting piece on Boobgate which agrees with Arthur Silber's proposed alternative of privatizing the airwaves. The meddling of Chairman Michael Powell (allegedly one of Dubya's"free market" appointments) shows once again how much this administration is failing even when measured by the familiar"lesser of two evils" test on domestic policy.
This continuing and across-the-board march to statism by the GOP only increases the quandary for sincere pro-war libertarians. They continue to regard Dubya as a kind of compartmentalized Jekyll and Hyde character: farseeing and honest on foreign policy but vote-grubbing and unprincipled on domestic policy. In the end, I predict that, despite some second-guessing, they will stay the course. As Rove said, where else can they go?comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse