BOOBGATE AND PRO-WAR LIBERTARIAN ELECTION QUANDARIES
Anthony Gregory has an interesting piece on Boobgate which agrees with Arthur Silber's proposed alternative of privatizing the airwaves. The meddling of Chairman Michael Powell (allegedly one of Dubya's"free market" appointments) shows once again how much this administration is failing even when measured by the familiar"lesser of two evils" test on domestic policy.
This continuing and across-the-board march to statism by the GOP only increases the quandary for sincere pro-war libertarians. They continue to regard Dubya as a kind of compartmentalized Jekyll and Hyde character: farseeing and honest on foreign policy but vote-grubbing and unprincipled on domestic policy. In the end, I predict that, despite some second-guessing, they will stay the course. As Rove said, where else can they go?comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original