Well, I see that Mr. Radley Balko has finally revealed the bigoted and fowl nature of his soul. I can't say that I'm surprised. I've had my suspicions for some time. But some of us had an altogether different view of this story.
And I think there's an interesting subtext to Radley's post, as there usually is in such cases. You can almost hear it:"I feel this strange attraction to those penguins. They're really awfully cute. But I know this is wrong! It's dirty! I must fight it!"
Want to bet we read about Radley being caught in some penguin bust a few years down the road? It wouldn't surprise me a bit.comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding