We, the Jewish State
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 1/22/2007
Certainly, all states do bad things all the time.
When I posted the story, I wondered whether someone would post to say either the story was wrong in some important respect(s) or it was misleading because it didn't tell the whole story.
Can Israel exist and tolerate a right of return for the Palestinians? Or is the existence of two states--one exclusively Jewish-Zionist, the other Palestinian--the only feasible outcome? (I write "Jewish-Zionist" as there are both Jews who are not Zionists and Zionists who are not Jewish.)
Steven Horwitz - 1/22/2007
Yes, we should find it disturbing. States do bad things all the time. All states.
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening
- NYT calls out China for denying visas to historians who write about touchy subjects
- History professor writes and directs a movie about (drum roll) a historian!