John Edwards Out-Hawks Bush on Iran
In 2003, John Edwards supported the Iraq war and now (that the polls have changed) has turned against it. Does this mean that Edwards has realized the folly of using the Middle East as an American chessboard for power politics? Not at all. Edwards is now out-hawking Bush on Iran. If Edwards gets his war, and it doesn't work out as planned, it is a safe bet, however, that he will reverse course yet again:
In his speech, Edwards criticised the United States' previous indifference to the Iranian issue, saying they have not done enough to deal with the threat.comments powered by Disqus
Hinting to possible military action, Edwards stressed that"in order to ensure Iran never gets nuclear weapons, all options must remain on table."
On the recent UN Security Council's resolution against Iran, Edwards said more serious political and economic steps should be taken."Iran must know that the world won’t back down," he said.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch