Pentagon: Just Tell Us the Good News, Ok?
From Jim Romanesko's media column (Feb. 9, 2004):
Pentagon tells clipping service to ignore critical news stories Washington Post (reg. req.)
Pentagon bosses have ordered the department's clipping service to exclude articles critical of the military and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld , reports Howard Kurtz . Last October, clipping service staffers were told to eliminate all newsmagazine articles, but the Pentagon press office has waived the newsmag ban for some articles that senior managers deem positive, says Kurtz.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”