Pentagon: Just Tell Us the Good News, Ok?
From Jim Romanesko's media column (Feb. 9, 2004):
Pentagon tells clipping service to ignore critical news stories Washington Post (reg. req.)
Pentagon bosses have ordered the department's clipping service to exclude articles critical of the military and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld , reports Howard Kurtz . Last October, clipping service staffers were told to eliminate all newsmagazine articles, but the Pentagon press office has waived the newsmag ban for some articles that senior managers deem positive, says Kurtz.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening