Not a Bush-Bashing Post
President Bush's new budget slates 65 federal programs for termination!
I might mention that the grand total of all of these cuts is a paltry $4.9 billion -- spittin' in the ocean, really -- and that most of them were proposed in Bush's previous budget, then added back in by Congress, which means that's the likely outcome this time around, too. But adding those caveats would be inconsistent with the headline for this post.
So I won't. Just stop reading after the first sentence.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets