Mahmood Mamdani: Good Muslim, Bad Muslim (Part 1)
The HISTORY NEWS NETWORK (http://hnn.us) recorded this appearance of Mahmood Mamdani, Professor of Government and Professor of Anthropology Columbia University, at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association on January 6, 2007. He spoke as the guest of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations. The speech took place over lunch at Atlanta's famous Pittypat's Porch.
comments powered by Disqus
david little - 3/12/2007
I wish somebody would transcribe this, my sound quality is very poor.
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation