Prometheus Award Nominees Named
The Libertarian Futurist Society has named the finalists for this year's Prometheus Award:Empire, Orson Scott CardThe Ghost Brigades, John ScalziGlasshouse, Charles StrossRainbows End, Vernor VingeHarbingers, F. Paul Wilson
comments powered by Disqus
Amy H. Sturgis - 3/22/2007
From these nominees, I'd go with Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge, with Scalzi's Ghost Brigades as a runner-up.
Geoffrey Allan Plauche - 3/22/2007
Scalzi's The Ghost Brigades is a sequal to Old Man's War. Both are very good Heinlein-esque military SF. This book is my favorite for the Prometheus Award.
Vinge and Stross come in second and third for me. Although I've only read a few reviews, Card's book doesn't seem particularly libertarian. Neither does Wilson's Harbingers.
Kenneth R Gregg - 3/21/2007
I seemed to have stopped reading any fiction a couple of years ago, and just haven't picked it up again.
Card, Vinge and Wilson are authors that I'm familiar with but the other two, Scalzi and Stross, I have no experience. Is there a particular form of Sf that they write?
Amy, what are your favorites from their list?
Just a thought.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch