comments powered by Disqus
Aeon J. Skoble - 3/31/2007
Well, maybe it's a father/son/holy-spirit thing....
Lester Hunt - 3/31/2007
I too revere Eric Clapton. Along with people like Charlie Musselwhite, Paul Butterfield, and John Mayall he turned blues into something that white people could do without either screwing it up musically or pretending to be black. But ... God? Robert Johnson is God! There is no God but Robert, and Eric is His prophet.
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is