OAH 2007: Peter Charles Hoffer on Florida's History Law (Part 2)
The HISTORY NEWS NETWORK (http://hnn.us) recorded this appearance of Peter Charles Hoffer at the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians on March 30, 2007. He teaches at the University of South Florida.
Professor Hoffer appeared on a panel concerned with Flordia's new history law, which requires that"American history shall be viewed as factual, not as constructed, shall be viewed as knowable, teachable, and testable, and shall be defined as the creation of a new nation based largely on the universal principles stated in the Declaration of Independence."comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets