Funding Ralph Nader
A piece I did on Ralph Nader and the PIRG groups a while back is getting some love around the blogosphere. On the way home last night, I was listening to"The Chris Core Show" on D.C.'s WMAL, and Core too was bashing Nader, but said the man at least"walked the walk." Not true. In his own organizations, Nader routinely breaks all the rules he insists corporate America follow, particularly when it comes to labor.
Of course, he's not alone. The"do as we say, not as we do" credo seems to be pretty common among leftist labor activist groups.
Even more disappointing, I learned after I wrote the Nader piece that Craig Rucker and C-FACT -- the conservative group that's been mounting legal challenges against the PIRGS all over the country -- themselves resorted to the same kind of funding scams they built a reputation criticizing the PIRGS for.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch