Funding Ralph Nader
A piece I did on Ralph Nader and the PIRG groups a while back is getting some love around the blogosphere. On the way home last night, I was listening to"The Chris Core Show" on D.C.'s WMAL, and Core too was bashing Nader, but said the man at least"walked the walk." Not true. In his own organizations, Nader routinely breaks all the rules he insists corporate America follow, particularly when it comes to labor.
Of course, he's not alone. The"do as we say, not as we do" credo seems to be pretty common among leftist labor activist groups.
Even more disappointing, I learned after I wrote the Nader piece that Craig Rucker and C-FACT -- the conservative group that's been mounting legal challenges against the PIRGS all over the country -- themselves resorted to the same kind of funding scams they built a reputation criticizing the PIRGS for.
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past