Bring Back the Posse!
Alexander Cockburn explains why we should"disband SWAT teams and kindred military units, and return to the idea of voluntary posses or militias: a speedy assembly of citizen volunteers with their own weapons. Such a body at Columbine or Virginia Tech might have saved many lifes. In other words: make the Second Amendment live up to its promise."
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 4/22/2007
Seriously, dude, that's not the funniest thing I've read all day, but it's damned close.
The anti-medication rant is like the punchline that makes the whole joke work: what he really wants is to go back to the 1950s, when everyone was nice and knew their place and nuts were locked up and nobody with guns ever hurt anyone..... hee, hee, hee.
I can't believe Counterpunch published it. That might be the funniest part of the whole thing.
- MLK's daughter to give court her dad's Bible, Nobel Prize
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory
- 800-year-old monk found poking out of cliff face
- Elite private school forced to apologize to students after serving special Black History Month menu of fried chicken and collard greens
- Khrushchev’s son: Giving Crimea back to Russia not an option
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood