Bring Back the Posse!
Alexander Cockburn explains why we should"disband SWAT teams and kindred military units, and return to the idea of voluntary posses or militias: a speedy assembly of citizen volunteers with their own weapons. Such a body at Columbine or Virginia Tech might have saved many lifes. In other words: make the Second Amendment live up to its promise."
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 4/22/2007
Seriously, dude, that's not the funniest thing I've read all day, but it's damned close.
The anti-medication rant is like the punchline that makes the whole joke work: what he really wants is to go back to the 1950s, when everyone was nice and knew their place and nuts were locked up and nobody with guns ever hurt anyone..... hee, hee, hee.
I can't believe Counterpunch published it. That might be the funniest part of the whole thing.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims