To Scott McLemee who will receive the Nona Balakian Citation for Excellence in Reviewing at the National Book Critics Circle's annual award ceremony on Thursday.
Via Patrick Belton of Oxblog and the Yale Daily News comes word that Jon Butler, who has chaired both history and American Studies and holds an appointment in Religious Studies at the university, has been named Dean of the Graduate School at Yale. [Someobservers (scroll down) see the appointment as a function of the university's unrelenting opposition to unionizing its graduate instructors.] Gad! To think that I once touched the hem of his garment ...comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding