To Scott McLemee who will receive the Nona Balakian Citation for Excellence in Reviewing at the National Book Critics Circle's annual award ceremony on Thursday.
Via Patrick Belton of Oxblog and the Yale Daily News comes word that Jon Butler, who has chaired both history and American Studies and holds an appointment in Religious Studies at the university, has been named Dean of the Graduate School at Yale. [Someobservers (scroll down) see the appointment as a function of the university's unrelenting opposition to unionizing its graduate instructors.] Gad! To think that I once touched the hem of his garment ...comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies