Three Bad Things in Decreasing Order of Importance, Followed By a Good Thing
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
Apparently President Bush was a sex slave during World War II. At any rate, he has accepted the Japanese governments apology for the treatment of wartime sex slaves, which he could hardly have done had he not been one .... (Conical hat tip to Elizabeth Brake.)
Tom Sawyers Island is one of my favourite parts of Disneyland; its a nice break from the rest of the park, inasmuch as it has no rides or special effects, just places to play and wander. Well, apparently Disneyland is about to ruin it.
On a brighter note, portions of a lost work by Alexander of Aphrodisias, the foremost ancient commentator on Aristotle and a pretty smart thinker himself (his book On Fate rocks), have been discovered. (Conical hat tip to LRC.)
comments powered by Disqus
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50