comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 3/6/2004
I'm sorry you don't like this kind of post. You've voiced your objection to the style before. Let me be clear: by now I assume that whatever Tim Burke posts either here or on his own blog, Easily Distracted, is well worth reading. I am calling Cliopatria readers' attention to a piece by Tim that is not here, but on his own blog. Further, I am directing Cliopatria readers' attention to a critique of Tim's essay and a rejoinder to the critique. I'm not simply "talking to myself" here. I'm suggesting that if you'd bother yourself to left click on a link that you'd find an interesting discussion. Is it link laziness on your part that thinks that I need to replicate the whole discussion for you at Cliopatria when you are already a big boy and can find out about it for yourself. Truth is, Tim's a better writer and thinker than I am, so I'm suggesting that you read his essay rather than some half-assed, watered-down summary of it by me. I really don't understand what your problem is with that. Unless you just like to complain ...
Michael Meo - 3/6/2004
More talking to oneself by the blogger.
No attempt here actually to speak to someone not 'in the know'
in clear English prose. What started with Tim Bruke? Why should i care that you sthink someone I am unacquainted with spotted whatever-the-hell a 'bourgeois rationalization' is?
Contempt for your reader, driving him or her away from the site.
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in