The Net of TIME
[cross-posted at Austro-Athenian Empire]
Unfortunately, the reviews are cutesy and idiotic (and in the case of Never Ask the End, factually inaccurate), and would never have tempted me to read the novels; but here they are: reviews of Never Ask the End, If It Prove Fair Weather, and The Fourth Queen. (Plus theres an especially stupid summary of the latter book, describing it as follows: Galleon-scuttling, bussing and swearing in the bawdy days of Queen Bess. Its not an inaccurate description, exactly, but what a tin ear!)
Time also offers a Paterson obituary.
Plus you can check out this more recent and much less annoying review of Never Ask the End, this one from Neglected Books rather than Time.
comments powered by Disqus
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90