Don't Forget Venezuela!
As long as we're all wallowing in horrible news from both a liberty and terrorism perspective I thought I'd throw another smelly fish on the pile and remind everyone about the most unreported dictator in the world - Hugo Chavez.
In case you'd forgot, this despot has used threats, intimidation, bribery and military force to fend off legal attempts to have himself removed from office then 1000 miles from U.S soil. The Bush adminstration, obsessed with removing the guy who tried to kill Bush senior, has largely ignored Chavez primarily because he hasn't threatened to cut off the oil we need. The fact that he's invited in THOUSANDS of Cubans to"help" his country is getting virtually no play either among administration officials, conservative political commentators, or the press. It's stunning.comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies