USM Crisis Spreads
Finally, some good news in higher education. Students at the University of Southern Mississippi are presenting a petition with 1,766 signatures to the state College Board calling for the reinstatement of the two tenured professors who were suspended and locked out of their offices during mid-semester for criticizing the president of that institution.
Much as I dislike the Faculty Senate of the University of Alabama (of which I am a member), it roused itself sufficiently to pass a resolution supporting the USM faculty members. Other faculty senates need to follow suit.
William Marina - 3/19/2004
Keep up the good work! You are a dynamo!
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse