USM Crisis Spreads
Finally, some good news in higher education. Students at the University of Southern Mississippi are presenting a petition with 1,766 signatures to the state College Board calling for the reinstatement of the two tenured professors who were suspended and locked out of their offices during mid-semester for criticizing the president of that institution.
Much as I dislike the Faculty Senate of the University of Alabama (of which I am a member), it roused itself sufficiently to pass a resolution supporting the USM faculty members. Other faculty senates need to follow suit.
William Marina - 3/19/2004
Keep up the good work! You are a dynamo!
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch