Learning from the Past
Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States:
President Bush: My fellow Americans, good evening. I want to announce tonight that I have sent American forces into Iran. We intend to use overwhelming force so that this conflict can be brought to a swift conclusion with a minimum of casualties. I'll let you know why we are doing this when the war is over. God bless America. Goodnight.
Alina Stefanescu (Guest Blogger) - 3/29/2004
The ex post facto Bush style certainly makes it easier to turn what should be an explanation into what ultimately remains a justification. :)
Sheldon Richman - 3/29/2004
It's a verbal editorial cartoon.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/27/2004
Actually, he'd probably give us a reason, then change it later.
But I'm curious: is this an argument against re-election, a projection based on some current moves or just a quick, easy shot.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch