Learning from the Past
President Bush: My fellow Americans, good evening. I want to announce tonight that I have sent American forces into Iran. We intend to use overwhelming force so that this conflict can be brought to a swift conclusion with a minimum of casualties. I'll let you know why we are doing this when the war is over. God bless America. Goodnight.
comments powered by Disqus
Alina Stefanescu (Guest Blogger) - 3/29/2004
The ex post facto Bush style certainly makes it easier to turn what should be an explanation into what ultimately remains a justification. :)
Sheldon Richman - 3/29/2004
It's a verbal editorial cartoon.
Jonathan Dresner - 3/28/2004
Actually, he'd probably give us a reason, then change it later.
But I'm curious: is this an argument against re-election, a projection based on some current moves or just a quick, easy shot.
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- The most important battle you've probably never heard of
- ISIS is destroying both Shia and Sunni shrines and buildings in Mosul
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin.
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians