Pot Calls Kettle Black, Then Shuts It Down
Now let me get this straight: the U.S. occupiers have closed a popular newspaper in Baghdad for, as the New York Times put it,"printing lies that incited violence." That is undoubtedly more serious than issuing lies to justify violence.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 3/30/2004
You could easily argue that the NY Times and other mainstream US newspapers are liable for the same thing, printing lies that incited violence" for their complicity in the misinformation which created such widespread support for the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse