E-mail Hoax Warning ...
This comes originally from Analogue Boy via Leaving Muenster and Hugo Schwyzer:
Of all the email circulars I've received this has to be my favorite:Those latter two blogs, by the way, are anabaptist sites. I love that second-hand anabaptist sense of humor! And Schwyzer, to boot, is a historian with a recent doctorate from UCLA and currently teaching at a California community college. He's got a terrific post here on"Surgery, Sex, Shame, and Paternalistic Feminism". The man ought to be a Cliopatriarch. Thanks to Russell Arben Fox for the tip.
'I hate those hoax warnings, but this one is important!! Please send this to everyone on your e-mail list. If a man comes to your front door and says he is conducting a survey and asks you to show him your arse, do not show him your arse. This is a scam; he only wants to see your arse. I wish I'd got this yesterday. I feel so stupid and cheap.'
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets