E-mail Hoax Warning ...
This comes originally from Analogue Boy via Leaving Muenster and Hugo Schwyzer:
Of all the email circulars I've received this has to be my favorite:Those latter two blogs, by the way, are anabaptist sites. I love that second-hand anabaptist sense of humor! And Schwyzer, to boot, is a historian with a recent doctorate from UCLA and currently teaching at a California community college. He's got a terrific post here on"Surgery, Sex, Shame, and Paternalistic Feminism". The man ought to be a Cliopatriarch. Thanks to Russell Arben Fox for the tip.
'I hate those hoax warnings, but this one is important!! Please send this to everyone on your e-mail list. If a man comes to your front door and says he is conducting a survey and asks you to show him your arse, do not show him your arse. This is a scam; he only wants to see your arse. I wish I'd got this yesterday. I feel so stupid and cheap.'
comments powered by Disqus
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies