Countdown to Christmas Quiz (2)
"It is not a question of Mahometanism simply, but of Mahometanism compounded with the peculiar character of a race…They were, upon the whole, from the black day when they first entered Europe, the one great anti-human specimen of humanity. Where ever they went, a broad line of blood marked the track behind them; and, as far as their dominion reached, civilisation disappeared from view. They represented everywhere government by force, as opposed to government by law."
comments powered by Disqus
Jule R. Herbert - 12/18/2007
Well that's worth the price of admission. I just googled Google's advance book search and found the link to this. Very neat.
Paul Noonan - 12/17/2007
... William Ewart Gladstone. (What do I win?)
I admit I didn't know it. Regular Google didn't provide the answer, but Google Advanced Book Search, ah, that's a different story.
Jule R. Herbert - 12/17/2007
Sounds like Thomas B. Macaulay.
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in