News From Middle Earth
(Can't believe I scooped Roderick on this.)
comments powered by Disqus
Common Sense - 12/22/2007
The great man himself already built a bridge in Chapter V in the 1951 second edition. I do not like the sound of this Hobbit II idea at all.
Amy H. Sturgis - 12/19/2007
I will be curious to see how these projects unfold. Overall, my feelings are mixed. I've explained many of the reasons for this here. Additionally, there are the unresolved questions of who will direct the films, who will adapt the texts, and what, exactly, the prequel movie will encompass. At any rate, it certainly will be interesting to see how the films develop - and, since they will heighten students' interest in my "J.R.R. Tolkien in History, Political Thought, and Literature" class, I won't complain. ;)
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!