How to Frustrate the Anti-Semites
The Nazi-style anti-Semitic group"JewWatch" has managed to get its site into the #1 spot for Google hits on the word"Jew." A counter-effort is underway, to get as many sites as possible to post links to the (sane, objective) Wikipedia definition of"Jew" (like this: Jew) to push that site in the #1 spot instead. If you have a personal website, see this site for more info about how and why to do this.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 4/13/2004
Either it was temporary or the anti-semites are staging a comeback (all those people talking about the site can't be hurting their rankings, right?).
I have mixed feelings about the whole thing: even if it's displaced from #1, three of the top ten sites which come up when you search "jew" are blatantly anti-semitic. The internet is a cesspool if you don't know what you're doing.
Tex MacRae - 4/12/2004
The wikipedia entry for Jew in google is on top now.
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."