How to Frustrate the Anti-Semites
The Nazi-style anti-Semitic group"JewWatch" has managed to get its site into the #1 spot for Google hits on the word"Jew." A counter-effort is underway, to get as many sites as possible to post links to the (sane, objective) Wikipedia definition of"Jew" (like this: Jew) to push that site in the #1 spot instead. If you have a personal website, see this site for more info about how and why to do this.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 4/13/2004
Either it was temporary or the anti-semites are staging a comeback (all those people talking about the site can't be hurting their rankings, right?).
I have mixed feelings about the whole thing: even if it's displaced from #1, three of the top ten sites which come up when you search "jew" are blatantly anti-semitic. The internet is a cesspool if you don't know what you're doing.
Tex MacRae - 4/12/2004
The wikipedia entry for Jew in google is on top now.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!