Kerry Calls for More U.S. Troops in Iraq
John Kerry has finally proposed his alternative to Dubya's Iraq policy and it includes sending in more U.S. troops! Many pro-war conservatives depict Kerry as a cardboard cut-out peacenik who wants to rely on the UN. His proposal indicates otherewise. Although Kerry calls for more UN troops, he stipulates that the main military force in Iraq be under U.S. command. If anyone can identify a significant difference between Bush and Kerry (not a mere rhetorical difference), I'd like to see it.comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 4/19/2004
But Kerry does raise an uncomfortable question. Having destabilized Iraq, do we have a responsibility to leave it in at least a minimally stable form?
Let's face it. This was a legal war, approved of ahead of time by Congress. Yes the approval was predicated in part on the basis of--to put it kindly--an exaggerated view of the threat, but that is hardly the fault of the Iraqis.
Robert L. Campbell - 4/18/2004
Every time I hear a sound bite from Kerry about the war, I'm afraid he'll start intoning about "peace with honor"... like a certain president who is not widely missed.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch