Kerry Calls for More U.S. Troops in Iraq
The effort of conservatives to portray Kerry as an antiwar or even pro-UN candidate does not hold water. At least on Iraq policy, he has given us an echo rather than a choice.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 4/20/2004
But Kerry does raise an uncomfortable question. Having destabilized Iraq, do we have a responsibility to leave it in at least a minimally stable form?
Let's face it. This was a legal war, approved of ahead of time by Congress. Yes the approval was predicated in part on the basis of--to put it kindly--an exaggerated view of the threat, but that is hardly the fault of the Iraqis.
Robert L. Campbell - 4/18/2004
Every time I hear a sound bite from Kerry about the war, I'm afraid he'll start intoning about "peace with honor"... like a certain president who is not widely missed.
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in