Kerry Calls for More U.S. Troops in Iraq
John Kerry has finally proposed his alternative to Dubya's Iraq policy and it includes sending in more U.S. troops! Many pro-war conservatives depict Kerry as a cardboard cut-out peacenik who wants to rely on the UN. His proposal indicates otherewise. Although Kerry calls for more UN troops, he stipulates that the main military force in Iraq be under U.S. command. If anyone can identify a significant difference between Bush and Kerry (not a mere rhetorical difference), I'd like to see it.comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 4/20/2004
But Kerry does raise an uncomfortable question. Having destabilized Iraq, do we have a responsibility to leave it in at least a minimally stable form?
Let's face it. This was a legal war, approved of ahead of time by Congress. Yes the approval was predicated in part on the basis of--to put it kindly--an exaggerated view of the threat, but that is hardly the fault of the Iraqis.
Robert L. Campbell - 4/18/2004
Every time I hear a sound bite from Kerry about the war, I'm afraid he'll start intoning about "peace with honor"... like a certain president who is not widely missed.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims