Kerry Calls for More U.S. Troops in Iraq
The effort of conservatives to portray Kerry as an antiwar or even pro-UN candidate does not hold water. At least on Iraq policy, he has given us an echo rather than a choice.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 4/20/2004
But Kerry does raise an uncomfortable question. Having destabilized Iraq, do we have a responsibility to leave it in at least a minimally stable form?
Let's face it. This was a legal war, approved of ahead of time by Congress. Yes the approval was predicated in part on the basis of--to put it kindly--an exaggerated view of the threat, but that is hardly the fault of the Iraqis.
Robert L. Campbell - 4/18/2004
Every time I hear a sound bite from Kerry about the war, I'm afraid he'll start intoning about "peace with honor"... like a certain president who is not widely missed.
- Shipwreck Found Under World Trade Center Traced Back To Colonial Era Philadelphia
- Bob Dallek in the NYT gives a rave review of John Dean's history of Watergate cover-up
- Ex-President George W. Bush Authors Book About His Father
- Tears, and Anger, as Militants Destroy Iraq City’s Relics
- Europe notes 100th anniversary of World War I
- Why Benny Morris is both right and wrong
- Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a 'Racist Apartheid State'
- History Professor: Convicted Cop Killer Mumia Should Be Celebrated Like Martin Luther King Jr. in Schools
- Robert Drew, Cinema Verite Documentarian, Dies at 90
- Rick Perlstein: “Ronald Reagan absolved America almost in a priestly role not to have to contend with sin. The consequences are all around us today”