Sean Wilentz,"Race Man," TNR, 27 February, is a leading Clinton advocate's construction of how"race" has been used in the Democratic presidential contest. See also: Kevin Murphy,"Wilentz Jumps the Shark," Ghost in the Machine, 27 February; and the discussion threads at TNR. Thanks to KC Johnson and Kevin Murphy for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
Kevin C. Murphy - 2/27/2008
I wrote up a response here. In the meantime, I'm going to try to be charitable and just assume he was drunk when he wrote this.
The comment thread which has grown overnight at TNR is worth perusing as well. Wilentz is being justifiably eviscerated for this one.
- Is it a reminder of Nazis or a historical object worthy of saving?
- Supreme Court reveals that the docket books of many justices survive -- and are being made available
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies