Sean Wilentz,"Race Man," TNR, 27 February, is a leading Clinton advocate's construction of how"race" has been used in the Democratic presidential contest. See also: Kevin Murphy,"Wilentz Jumps the Shark," Ghost in the Machine, 27 February; and the discussion threads at TNR. Thanks to KC Johnson and Kevin Murphy for the tip.
comments powered by Disqus
Kevin C. Murphy - 2/27/2008
I wrote up a response here. In the meantime, I'm going to try to be charitable and just assume he was drunk when he wrote this.
The comment thread which has grown overnight at TNR is worth perusing as well. Wilentz is being justifiably eviscerated for this one.
- Olivia Remie Constable, director of the Medieval Institute at Notre Dame since 2009, passes away
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50