Labour Turns Away Women in Labor
Obama: are you listening? More than four out of ten British maternity units are turning away women in labor . With no Tories to blame, the NHS is, of course, opting to stress the bright side.
One coldblooded bureaucrat pontificated that "It is difficult to predict precisely when a mother will go into labour and sometimes, at times of peak demand, maternity units do temporarily divert women to nearby facilities.comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 3/30/2008
but he is not proposing to implement a single-payer health-care system along the lines of the (British) National Health Service.
Please explain the relevance of your story, as corrected by Rod Long, for what Obama has to say.
Seriously, libertarians have to do better than this critique of socialized health care if they are to have any credibility on the issue.
Roderick T. Long - 3/30/2008
Four out of ten women in labor in Britain's maternity units are being turned away
Someone I forwarded this to points out to me that it's actually four out of ten maternity wards, not four out of ten women in labor.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets