Labour Turns Away Women in Labor
Obama: are you listening? More than four out of ten British maternity units are turning away women in labor . With no Tories to blame, the NHS is, of course, opting to stress the bright side.
One coldblooded bureaucrat pontificated that "It is difficult to predict precisely when a mother will go into labour and sometimes, at times of peak demand, maternity units do temporarily divert women to nearby facilities.comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 3/30/2008
but he is not proposing to implement a single-payer health-care system along the lines of the (British) National Health Service.
Please explain the relevance of your story, as corrected by Rod Long, for what Obama has to say.
Seriously, libertarians have to do better than this critique of socialized health care if they are to have any credibility on the issue.
Roderick T. Long - 3/30/2008
Four out of ten women in labor in Britain's maternity units are being turned away
Someone I forwarded this to points out to me that it's actually four out of ten maternity wards, not four out of ten women in labor.
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not Black
- New technology helps paleontologists see Ice-Age bee in intricate detail
- History textbooks in crosshairs of Australia's curriculum wars
- Archaeologists' findings may prove Rome a century older than thought
- 150 years of medical journals to go online
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!
- UW Professor Stephanie Camp, 46, feminist historian, dies
- Italian forces in WW2 were not soft and Mussolini wasn't a clown, British historian claims