London's New Tory Antiwar Mayor
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/4/2008
Oh well. It looked too good to be true.
Mark Brady - 5/3/2008
Eric Garris does NOT have the full story! Boris Johnson may well have regrets about invading Iraq and write witty accounts of subsequent events. The fact remains, however, that like every other Tory MP, he does not disavow David Cameron's support for Gordon Brown's decision to maintain a British presence in Iraq. At least Harold Wilson had the good sense to refuse LBJ's request that Britain provide troops in Vietnam. How much longer will British politicians be willing for Britain to be a doormat for American hegemony?
- Richard III Really Ate and Drank Like a King
- Where’s the one place in the world where nobody’s messed with WW II relics?
- Secrets of the Clinton Library
- India Bans Indira Gandhi Assassination Film
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is