If You're Not Doing Anything Wrong, You Have Nothing to Fear. Don't Count on It.
Amateur Photographer, which bills itself as"The world's number one weekly photography magazine," is not necessarily where you would expect to find disturbing stories about state surveillance. On second thoughts, perhaps you would.
If you do a search for police harrassment, you'll find stories like this, this, and this, and ninety-one other stories.
comments powered by Disqus
Craig J Bolton - 5/12/2008
Boy, the British have really gone over the edge. No pictures of public places. No pictures of other people without their permission. No pictures of game hunting.
We Americans are much more libertarian. Our police just shoot you if they don't like your looks [and then, of course, plant a weapon on you]. Never harrassment of this sort. Well, an occasional beating of unarmed "suspects," but that isn't really harrassment, is it?
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original