Shameless self-promotion, video edition
Oh snap! The college had me do a video about Deleting the State. I thought they would be interviewing me, but found out at the last minute that it was to be a monologue. Anyway, it didn't turn out too badly. It's here.
You know, it occurs to me that several of my publications over the last few years have described me as being the author of a forthcoming book called"Freedom, Authority, and Social Order." As I note in the video, that was the working title of Deleting the State, so the five of you who have been patiently awaiting the release of the former can stop. This is that book, but with a different title.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets