The Machinery of Unfreedom
[cross-posted on Austro-Athenian Empire]
comments powered by Disqus
Roderick T. Long - 5/20/2008
Well, your implied questions/criticisms are answered in the two posts. Maybe you don't agree with the answers, but if so, you haven't said why not.
Craig J Bolton - 5/19/2008
Here I thought I knew what "patriarchy" meant, but I guess not. I never knew, for instance, that it had anything to do with attempted rape or mob scenes of drunken college males acting like alley cats rather than human beings or that it was the principal or only cause of such incidents.
I guess I'll next discover that the Holocaust was merely a typical manifestation of Gentile social dominance. [Always thought that you couldn't trust those goy.]
Yept, real insightful.
"The beginning of wisdom lies in the ability to make distinctions."
Roderick T. Long - 5/17/2008
And for a concrete example of what Charles is talking about, see this latest piece.
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is