Foreign Policy Debates
I've been busy engaging in a number of foreign policy debates on several lists, making many of the same points that I've made here at L&P. You might want to check out some of the more inflammatory aspects of that debate on a recent thread at SOLO HQ (see my posts, starting here and extending through here, thus far).
I should also note a first: Today, I found myself agreeing with many points made by Charles Krauthammer (!!!) on the Iraq Prison Abuse scandal... especially the stuff about sex. And for a whole lot of very interesting insights about the sexual dimensions of all this, let me also recommend to you various posts (just keep scrolling down) by Arthur Silber at The Light of Reason.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding