As a follow-up to my post, Laissez Faire in Iran, take a look at Nicholas Kristoff's own follow-up article,"Those Sexy Iranians." Kristoff tells us more about a younger generation of Iranian baby boomers (60 percent of the country's population was born after the revolution) who declare:"We want fun ... There's no joy here." Kristoff states baldly:"Ayatollahs, look out." Indeed.
Also take a look at Jesse Walker's fine essay,"Iranians are Feistier than Iraqis."
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."