Free Speech at UA-Birmingham Post-Herald
Luke Connell of the Birmingham Post-Herald has written a concise account (scroll down on link) of the latest assault on free speech by the administration at the University of Alabama.
As the article indicates, the first reflex of UA's president and provost, on issues ranging from window displays to the Alabama Observer, is to ban and restrict any dissenting voice.comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 5/18/2004
The Tuscaloosa News is hopeless. For more on the priorities of its chief education reporter, Gilbert Cruz, see this http://www.alabamascholars.org/page97.html"> hilarious send-up by Charles Nuckolls. I will put it up on the blog if Charles doesn't
Robert L. Campbell - 5/18/2004
It's good to see that the suppressive measures being taken by the upper administration of the University of Alabama are getting covered in a Birmingham newspaper.
If this trend continues, even the Tuscaloosa newspaper may have to say something...
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch