ACME Private Defense Company
A hat tip to Nathan Larson for creating the elaborate parody site Acme Private Defense Company. Its mission: An anarcho-capitalist entrepreneur has launched a new business venture that will use deterrence to secure libertarian tax havens against government aggression. The company claims an effective defense system has been the missing link in previous attempts by libertarian secessionists to become independent, and that its services can fulfill that hitherto unmet need.
Acme is in line with Larson's run for the House of Representatives as the LP candidate in Virginia where he is on the ballot. Of course, his run may also be a parody play. At least, the website listing his positions is a lot of fun to read. For example, Larson's position on defense: As Congressman, I will completely abolish the United States military and replace it with an anarcho-capitalistic system. Larson's position on health care: Government should stay completely out of the health care business. It should not regulate nor subsidize any treatments. Medicare and Medicaid should be shut down...
Cross Posted at WendyMcElroy.com.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding