Bill Cosby: Part III (Hopeful Signs)
Jon Bean stresses the negative black response to Bill Cosby's comments. Earlier, I predicted that Cosby might be "Clarenced."
Perhaps, as King Banaian's post also indicates, it is not quite as bad as it seems. Articles by Stanley Crouch, Hugh Pearson and others show that Cosby have drawn surprising, though sometimes highly qualified, support from leading black intellectuals. Is the tide turning?
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!