Palin as McCain's Warrior Princess
Call me a wishful thinker, but I had some small hopes for Palin. There was a lot to like including her down-to-earth manner, wit, small-government rhetoric, alleged links to Alaskan independence, defense of guns, and previous praise of Ron Paul.
Palin's comments yesterday on foreign policy, however, show her complete agreement with John McCain. The only difference is that she was relatively more candid than McCain in her hawkishness.comments powered by Disqus
Edward Malenka - 9/18/2008
OK. I will call you a wishful thinker.
David T. Beito - 9/15/2008
Raimondo's column today on Palin as a neocon pod person is quite funny, and probably not far from the truth.
Common Sense - 9/14/2008
I do not know if these qualify as actual beliefs or if they are just part of a neocon script she has been practising. Bad news either way if she is elected -- there is a good chance of McCain dying in office.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse