Ray Bradbury is Hopping Mad at Michael Moore
He calls him an "asshole" (scroll down) for stealing his title and other offenses.
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 6/4/2004
Well, no, he doesn't own the words. But they're his words, nonetheless, and Moore's reference to them was a clear case of coattail-grabbing, since Moore's analysis of the present/past is nothing like Bradbury's projections.
And it was Clarke, not Moore, that Bradbury was upset with there.
Otto M. Kerner - 6/4/2004
This is silly. Of all the things Michael Moore has done wrong, making a Ray Bradbury reference in the title of his movie is the least of them. Does Bradbury think he owns the rights to words in the format "Fahrenheit xyz"? Also, criticizing GWB to JWC is not one of Moore's major sins, either.
Jonathan Dresner - 6/3/2004
I certainly was. Though I think even a little spike in people reading, or rereading, Farenheit 451 would be a good thing this year....
Aeon J. Skoble - 6/3/2004
Thanks for posting that. I was wondering whether Bradbury would be irritated or not. Good for him.
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch