Richard Milhous McCain Debates John Fitzgerald Obama
Like McCain, Obama endorsed the General Jack Ripperesque move of admitting Ukraine and Georgia to NATO (thus potentially obligating the U.S. to escalate to World War III in case of a border dispute with Russia) and a"surge" of more U.S. troops into Afghanistan. Obama's statements on U.S. military incursions into Pakistan made McCain look almost cool-headed by comparison (no small accomplishment).
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 9/30/2008
I agree. The debate made even more obvious the fact that McCain is on a very short fuse emotionally. I shudder to think what he would have done during the Cuban Missile Crisis
Common Sense - 9/29/2008
Politicians will say whatever they think they need to say to win. Look at their foreign policy advisers. McCain has more crusaders; Obama more realists. Obama does not think that singing "Bomb Iran" is funny.
David T. Beito - 9/28/2008
I don't know how many times I've seen that film but it never registered. He was a brigadier general.
Robert Higgs - 9/28/2008
David, please! It's GENERAL Jack Ripper, not COLONEL Jack Ripper.
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?