A Great 1960s Spy Show Theme(McGoohan, "Danger Man")
I'm glad that Amy acknowledged the passing of Patrick McGoohan. It deserves to be highlighted on all libertarian blogs.
On a related matter, just about everybody knows the theme to The Prisoner or"Secret Agent Man" but relatively few have heard the catchy original theme to his show,"Danger Man." Here it is:
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 1/21/2009
Did another theme originally go with the video?
Lawrence H. W - 1/20/2009
David, the YouTube video you link to doesn't actually provide the Danger Man theme. (I know this as a British TV themes otaku. Recommended CD compilation: "The A to Z of British TV Themes," in 3 volumes.) The tune behind the montage is rather a piece of incidental music written for the Danger Man show, entitled "Live Wire". You're right that relatively few know it, but note that it has been covered by the neosurf band Man or Astro-Man? Btw, the Danger Man collection is available on DVD (NetFlix has it), and there's also a Secret Agent soundtrack CD available.
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding