Kudos for Hummel in Reviews in American History
Feller is right in identifying Emancipating Slaves, Enslaving Free Men as by far the best of the three. One virtue of the book, as I already pointed out, is that avoids the dangerous fallacies of"Confederate Multiculturalism." Unfortunately, Hummel's book has not gotten the attention it deserves.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I