Michael Sims,"Going the Distance," Washington Post, 29 January, reviews Justin Marozzi's The Way of Herodotus: Travels With the Man Who Invented History.
Anne Hogan reviews Margaret M. McGowan's Dance in the Renaissance: European Fashion, French Obsession for the THES, 29 January.
Gerard Carruthers reviews Robert Crawford's The Bard: Robert Burns, a Biography for the THES, 29 January.
Colm Tóibín,"Urning," LRB, 29 January, reviews Sheila Rowbotham's Edward Carpenter: A Life of Liberty and Love.
comments powered by Disqus
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!