Democrats, Republicans, and the Failure of U.S. Intelligence
A compendium of quotes from Democrats has been circulating on the Internet; some people have claimed that all these Democrats, who previously recognized the threat of Saddam Hussein, now claim that the President lied. I comment on the compendium at SOLO Yahoo Forum, and reproduce some of my comments at"Not a Blog."
My essential point: The real scandal is not that Democrats attack Republicans, or that Republicans attack Democrats; what else is new? The real scandal is how wrong both of them were, and how wrong Western intelligence has been. Check out the rest of my comments and that compendium of quotes here.
comments powered by Disqus
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening