The Productive Historian ...
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 8/17/2004
Actually, I consider this summer to have been kind of a wash, in terms of productivity. A paper I'd delivered in draft form before was revised, re-presented, re-revised and ambitiously submitted to a field-leading journal. I wrote a book review. I didn't get a lot more than that done, academically speaking; now, having taken more time than I expected to get even that much done, I'm struggling to put my syllabi together.
As proud as I am of my blogging and commentaries, not a lot of people consider it 'productive' history.
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals