Metaphor Is Also a Refuge for Scoundrels
From Paul Krugman’s column today in the New York Times:
“What we need, according to [John Kerry’s view of the country’s health-care problems], is for the government to assume more of the risk….”
Translation: Far heavier tax burdens should be imposed by threat of violence on the most productive people in the country, the very ones who do most of the saving and investing, that is, the financing of life-saving and life-enhancing goods and services.
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets